REAL Essentials Health helps connect a client's sexual behavior patterns with the condition of his or her heart. It expands the dialogue to supplement the medical information with healthy relationship skills.
Activities prepare clients to better:
- Identify areas where they may feel unwanted or unworthy when it comes to love
- Discover their personality characteristics
- Understand their relationship patterns and learn to identify relationship red flags
- Determine their personal strengths
- Create community support networks to help them succeed
- Develop strategies for setting boundaries and breaking unhealthy patterns
- Start fresh with goals for relational health and future family stability
This curriculum utilizes the transtheoretical model of behavioral change theory; the same medical model used in smoking and drug cessation projects developed by the U.S. Public Health Service.