Youth Speaker – Ready2Relate Project
Youth Speaker – Ready2Relate Project
Reports to: R2R Project Director
R2R Project Description:
Ready2Relate (R2R) is a Project of The Center for Relationship Education (CRE), federally funded by ACF (Administration for Children and Families). The Ready2Relate Project is designed to teach relationship education skills to youth in high school (grades 9-12), equipping 1500 youth each Project year with skills around improved relationship and marriage skills, greater economic stability, and increased skills around financial planning and budgeting.
Review the ACF Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA)
The Ready2Relate Youth Speaker is responsible for delivering relationship skills content to 1500 youth in high-school (grades 9-12) in collaboration with co-facilitator educators in service schools. The R2R Youth Speaker position will implement a designated scope and sequence from the REAL Essentials Advance curriculum and ensure message delivery with excellence and program fidelity. Content delivery and program services will continue each funded service year for the duration of 5 years.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Receive curriculum implementation and content delivery certification training
- Work with R2R Project Director and R2R Project staff to organize program schedule and content delivery
- Nurture strong working relationships and clear communication with co-facilitator educators in service delivery schools
- Assist with nForm survey data collection before and after program facilitation
- Work in collaboration with an additional R2R Youth Speaker and co-facilitator educators to deliver the R2R REAL Essentials Advance curriculum scope and sequence to 1500 youth in high school (grades 9-12) each year
- Expert level facilitation and communication skills
- Classroom teaching experience
- Affable countenance with both students and adults
- Punctuality and professionalism in all client dealings
- Advanced written communication skills
- Expertise around federal grant operations
- Expert knowledge of all REAL Essentials content and its supporting research
- Knowledge of nForm data systems functionality and administration
Company Impact Statement:
The R2R Youth Speaker directly impacts thousands of students’ lives by delivering science-proven strategies for increasing relational wellness. Managing service delivery through the nForm database enables R2R Project staff to meet intended outcomes for the Ready2Relate project design, thus credentialing The Center for Relationship Education as a reputable source for current and future funding opportunities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and tablets.
The Center for Relationship Education is committed to creating a diverse work environment with staff members representing different backgrounds, ethnicities, and perspectives. Knowing that relationships impact all people regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or age, CRE strives to grow its missional impacting by investing in a team representative of the diverse populations we serve through products and programs. The Center for Relationship is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, with non-traditional work hours and occasional travel.
This job is dependent on availability of federal funds provided under the Ready4Life Program. Employee understands that this position may not be extended if federal funding is no longer extended to The Center for Relationship Education. The duration of funding provision is 5 years.
All applicants for the Youth Speaker – Ready 2 Relate role understand this job is dependent on The Center for Relationship Education READY4Life funding award (expected to be announced October 1, 2020).
Expected Salary Range:
$60,000 -$75,000 annually