Everything changes for kids as they approach their teenage years. These formative milestones can be overwhelming for both parents and their children. The REAL Essentials Starting Point curriculum equips educators and parents with lessons to jump-start conversation and develop foundational relationship skills in this new life stage. All lessons are inclusive, evidence based and medically accurate.
Activity based lessons prepare students to better understand and address:
- What makes students special as individuals and understand unique qualities in others
- Skills for establishing healthy friendships and strengthening personal character qualities
- How external influences like social media and advertising affect relationships
- Effective communication techniques, including how to understand and communicate and make healthy decisions
- Setting personal goals for the short-term and long-term future
- Physical and emotional changes that occur with body growth and development, including approachable ways to discuss grooming and hygiene